Have you been in a car accident that has caused serious damage to your vehicle? If so, there are steps you need to take. We will discuss the importance of gathering evidence to support your case following a car accident.
The J. Martinez Law Firm, located in Hobbs, NM, has over 25 years of experience in handling cases that require a car accident lawyer. If you’ve been in a car accident that leads to a court case, reach out to us for a free consultation. Give our office a call at (575) 393-0021 or contact us online to find out how we can help bring you justice.
The Importance of Evidence
Driving a vehicle is second nature to most people; you don’t think too much of it when you’re on the road. Unfortunately, in recent years, there has been an increase in car accident fatalities, with the reasons being distracted driving, driving under the influence, and reckless driving, amongst others. Because of this increase, it is extremely important to gather evidence if you were in a car accident that was the fault of another party. Read below for the types of evidence you can collect that can help your car accident lawyer in your case.
- Photos of the vehicles involved- All scratches, dents, breaks, and glass that are a result of the accident should be documented. You should also take photos of anything that may have contributed to the accident, like guardrails or construction.
- Photos of any/all injuries- To help your case, your car accident lawyer will request photos of all injuries that were received as a result of the accident.
- Contact information from drivers and witnesses- The standard procedure when in an accident is to swap information with the other driver for insurance purposes. It is also a good idea to gather the contact information for any witnesses who saw the accident occur.
- Video footage- If the other driver appears to be impaired, you must take video footage of their behavior. Our Hobbs car accident lawyers recommend using caution when doing this.
- Police report- You have to report the accident to the police to file the insurance claim. Be sure to ask the officer when the report will be made available. The police report can help you significantly in court.
- Car records- Your car maintenance records will prove that a fault in your vehicle was or was not the reason for the accident.
- Medical records- If you had to be hospitalized or medicated as a result of your injuries, your car accident lawyer will ask you to collect all receipts and bills from the hospital. These expenses you can be reimbursed for.
Car Accident Lawyers in Hobbs
The J. Martinez Law Firm, located in Hobbs, NM, is a highly reliable, compassionate, and experienced law office that can handle any case, no matter how complex. Call (575) 393-0021 for a free consultation today.