Loss of Hearing
Defending Our Clients’ Rights for Over 25 Years
The Law Office of Javier Martinez, Jr., P.C. Can Handle Your Loss of Hearing Case
Approximately two-million U.S. workers are exposed to noises that damage the auditory system. Industries that involve exposure to loud noises, such as construction and industrial jobs, tend to cause damage to the ears. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, an estimated $242 million is spent annually on workers’ compensation for hearing loss disability. As a worker’ comp attorney in both El Paso and the state of New Mexico, our law firm helps those who have experienced a temporary or permanent loss of hearing as a result of work-related activities.
Common Causes of Hearing Loss
Causes of hearing loss include:
- Exposure to loud noises
- Lack of safety equipment such as ear plugs and noise canceling earbuds
- A vehicle accident that results in damage to the inner ear
- A head injury that affects the auditory nerve
- An injury that causes damage to the brain
Types of Hearing Loss
The four common types of hearing loss include:
- Auditory processing disorders: This occurs when the brain has trouble processing information through sounds such as making out words and understanding speech.
- Conductive: Conductive hearing loss occurs when there is an issue with the outer or middle ear that prevents sound from passing through. It may result from a punctured eardrum or fluid build-up.
- Sensorineural: A sensorineural hearing loss is among the most severe since it may result in a permanent loss of hearing. It may occur with exposure to loud noises or as a result of an accident.
- Mixed: Mixed hearing loss develops when both a conductive hearing loss and sensorineural hearing exist at the same time. The effects may be permanent or temporary.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss
Depending on the severity of your loss of hearing, you may experience the following:
- Tinnitus or ringing in the ear
- Inability to make out sounds
- The “S” and “F” sounds become harder to hear
- Assume people are mumbling
- Background noise is too loud
- Permanent loss of hearing
If You or a Loved One is Experiencing Loss of Hearing from a Work-Related Injury, Connect With Us Today
The Law Office of Javier Martinez, Jr., P.C. is prepared to assist you with your work-related injury that has resulted in a loss of hearing. You deserve fair compensation for the pain and suffering you’ve endured. Please give us a call today so we can answer your initial questions.