Have you or a loved one been in an oilfield accident and sustained injuries? If so, then you must seek the assistance of an oilfield injury lawyer. Here, we will discuss the steps you need to take after experiencing an oil field injury.
The Javier Martinez Jr. Law Office, located in Hobbs, NM, offers free consultations for all personal injury cases. If you’re seeking an oilfield injury lawyer, we are the firm to work with. For more information or to schedule a consultation, give us a call at (575)-393-0021 or contact us online today.
The Steps to Take Action
Regardless of what kind of personal injury you experienced, you deserve rightful compensation. In this section, we will lay out the multiple steps to take following an oilfield injury. It’s important to note that any serious questions should be directed to a Hobbs oilfield injury lawyer during a no-cost consultation. Read below for the steps to take following your injury.
- Inform your employer of the incident immediately-
- If you don’t report your injury to your employer, you could potentially lose your job, and it would be even more difficult to obtain workers’ compensation.
- Be completely honest about what happened, and if you’re able to, fill out an incident report.
- Once the worker’s compensation investigation begins, you cannot speak about your case to anyone other than your oilfield injury lawyer.
- Seek necessary medical attention for your injuries-
- Your employer is required by law to make sure you receive the proper medical assistance for your injuries.
- When injured in an oil-related incident, you may need to go to the nearest emergency room for the best care.
- If your injuries don’t require immediate medical attention, you should still schedule an appointment with your doctor to make sure everything is alright.
- Find out if your employer requires you to see a doctor provided by the company’s insurance company. Some doctors may minimize your injuries to a pre-existing condition to lessen your compensation, which is why it is important to speak with an oilfield injury lawyer in Hobbs right away.
- Remember to take the recommended time to recover from your injuries.
- Contact an experienced oilfield injury lawyer as soon as possible-
- By now, an investigation has been conducted surrounding your injury. Do not speak to anyone unless it’s an oilfield injury lawyer.
- Make sure to choose a lawyer who offers free consultation to those seeking compensation.
- Keep in mind that the claims adjuster is going after the company’s best interest, not yours. Avoid talking to them without your oilfield injury lawyer present.
- An oilfield injury lawyer will ask you questions, such as: Was there a third party involved in causing your accident? Is your employer covered by worker’s compensation? Is there someone else that controls your claim?
- Your lawyer’s goal is to fight for the largest possible compensation outcome for your injuries and losses.
Oilfield Injury Lawyers in Hobbs, NM
Javier Martinez Jr. Law Office, located in Hobbs, NM, is dedicated to helping those who experience oilfield injuries receive the justice they deserve. If you require an oilfield injury lawyer, we’re the firm to work with. Call (575)-393-0021 for more information.